State Reserve Study Laws

As a reserve study company that works with homeowners associations nationwide (as well as outside of the United States), it is important both for us and our clients to be aware of the unique state laws that may affect your reserve study report. Some states have not adopted specific statutes for reserve studies. Some states have different laws pertaining to condominium and timeshare associations as compared to homeowners associations or planned developments. Other states have adopted laws regarding adoption of reserve budgets, required reserve disclosures, or required funding of reserves. See links below for information on Reserve Study and Association Information in Other States. The links below will take you to specific information on each state's Reserve Study laws. In the case where no specific law exists, it is so stated, and basic industry guidelines are provided.

A structural integrity reserve study is based on a visual inspection of the condominium property. A structural integrity reserve study may be performed by any person qualified to perform such study. However, the visual inspection portion of the structural integrity reserve study must be performed or verified by an engineer licensed under chapter, an architect licensed under chapter 481, or a person certified as a reserve specialist or professional reserve analyst by the Community Associations Institute or the Association of Professional Reserve Analysts.”